AxxonSoft releases version 3.1.1 of the next-generation Axxon Next VMS
AxxonSoft has made available version 3.1.1 of its innovative Axxon Next video management software. The main goal of the update, according to the developers, was to increase product functionality and provide additional stability gains.
The previous version, Axxon Next 3.1, marked the appearance of a number of completely new functions that significantly optimize workflows, assist in efficient allocation of computing resources, and reduce the network footprint of video surveillance.
These new functions have been improved and built upon in version 3.1.1, making the new version of Axxon Next an even more powerful and efficient solution for video surveillance systems.
New features in Axxon Next 3.1.1 include:
- Support for Guardant electronic dongle–based licensing, which allows starting Axxon Next on any computer to which the USB dongle is connected. (HID-based licensing, the only licensing type available previously, requires attaching the Axxon Next license to the hardware of a specific computer.) Guardant dongles allow quickly bringing a new server online to replace one that has gone down, for example.
- Archive search now supports searching for selected alarm types. During video search, you can filter results by one or more alarm types: False Alarm, Non-Critical Alarm, Critical Alarm, or Missed Alarm.
- The ability to customize map editing rights on a user-by-user basis lets administrators control who can change site maps. For example, a specific employee can be responsible for keeping all maps up to date.
- Launching an external program on client computers has been added to the list of automatic rules for responding to events. When creating such a rule, specify the local or network path to the executable file and any command-line arguments. When the rule is triggered, the external program at the indicated path will be started on all client computers that are connected to the server. This new option significantly expands the range of possible responses to events: any third-party program can be started.
- Improved dewarping of fisheye images can now determine the center and radius of the source image. This capability prevents distortion in dewarped images when the center of the source image has shifted relative to the center of the frame or the radius of the source image is not equal to half of the length of the side of the frame.
- An improved masking algorithm during configuration of video detection tools enables setting polygonal masking areas more precisely.
Drivers Pack 3.2.18 with new drivers for IP devices is included with the release. For information on what the Drivers Pack does, where to download it, and supported hardware, visit the following site.
More detailed and complete information on the new functions of Axxon Next 3.1.1 is given in the release notes.
The download package is available at the following link. After installation, Axxon Next can be activated as a free version, commercial version, or trial version. The free version supports 1 server, 16 video channels, 1 TB of recorded video, and an unlimited number of clients.
Instructions for activating the free version can be found here.
Full documentation for Axxon Next 3.1.1 is available here.