Version 4.9.2 of Axxon Intellect PSIM released
AxxonSoft has released version 4.9.2 of the Axxon Intellect PSIM software platform. In this release, the developers have concentrated on optimizing the Intellect experience, integrating new hardware, and improving management tools for Intellect-powered distributed security systems.
Axxon Intellect 4.9.2 includes a number of new features:
- First of these is the ability to capture sound from SC590N4 cards via SDI digital inputs, which allows transferring video and audio over a single channel. The SC590N4 is a card with hardware compression that allows compressing video directly on-card, which considerably reduces the impact on CPU performance.
- In addition, Intellect allows multistreaming (receiving multiple video streams from a single camera) either on all cameras or, in the new version, only on selected cameras connected to a single IP device. This enables more efficient use of system resources and streamlines surveillance by eliminating "useless" processes.
- The new edition of Axxon Intellect also includes the most recent edition of Drivers Pack, 3.2.25, which provides support for IP hardware in AxxonSoft products. The Drivers Pack module allows incorporating supported IP devices into AxxonSoft-powered surveillance systems, with an independent release cycle that does not require waiting for incremental Intellect updates or reinstalling the entire system. Drivers Pack 3.2.25 implements support for 34 new IP cameras, providing an even broader range of hardware options for end clients of Intellect-powered surveillance systems.
- Intellect 4.9.2 also features a new PTZ control mechanism, which ensures smoother PTZ tracking of moving objects for greater ease of hardware control and more effective video surveillance.
- The RTSP server is now able to receive and multicast video not only directly from a video server, but through a video gate as well. This flexibility allows reducing the bandwidth footprint of surveillance and making the most of Intellect's distributed architecture.
- The videogate now allows pruning recorded video to 0.01 fps, dropping the framerate to a mere 1 frame over periods as long as 100 seconds. This option is useful in limited-bandwidth environments.
- And last but not least, the new hotkeys for access to Intellect features make it easy to quickly show the previous screen and hide the current screen – a much-requested feature among system administrators.
To learn more about the new features of the Axxon Intellect PSIM, download the installer for version 4.9.2 and updated modules, and read the release notes and documentation, please visit the Download page.